Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My first post! And some fun recent projects...

I just got back from a trip to New England where I worked on some pretty cool projects.
First, I filmed two music events for The Yellow Umbrella Organization, which uses fun music events to educate women about cervical cancer.  There were some amazing bands at both the Paradise Rock Club show in Boston and the Gulu Gulu Cafe in Salem, Mass.  Most notably, Jesse Ciarmataro performed under his solo project, Qwill.  Both nights were full of education, charity, and talented musicians.  It was a pleasure shooting for Christine Baze, the Organization's founder.
Next up I drove to Kennebunk, Maine to film an interview with Tom Chappell, co-founder of Tom's Of Maine.  The footage will ultimately be used in a news piece for Forbes.com.  Tom and his wife Kate live in a lovely old federal, where they've replaced the old heating system with a completely geo thermal system.  It was really uplifting to hear Tom speak of how we are all interrelated and that our relationships are what ultimately make us human.  He believes that in business, companies should nurture good relationships with everyone involved; the workers, the customers, the financial backers, the higher ups, the environment, and the local community.  I also got to swing by his sheep farm where the adorable sheep kept rubbing their noses on my lens!