Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kleinfeld's Sample Sale Blowout!

Yesterday I went with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jodi, to Kleinfeld's for one of their famous sample sales.  I have been in the wedding business for years, and many of my clients buy their dresses from Kleinfeld's but that was the first time I have ever been in the store.  Let me just say WOW!  Needless to say, it was bridal mayhem, and we searched through racks and racks of Badgley Mischka, Carolina Herrera, Christian Lacroix, MaxMara, Monique Lhuillier, Reem Acra and Jenny Lee dresses.  TLC was there filming an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress," so we also spent considerable time dodging the cameras! (Although I think they got us, so I will have to check the show out to see how we looked).  The highlight of the day for me was meeting the owner of Kleinfeld's, Ronnie Rothstein.  It is always nice meeting another figure in the New York City bridal world, and sharing insights and stories.  In the end, Jodi picked out a sweet and elegant dress by Amsale, which she looks gorgeous in.  
Here's a clip of one of my brides getting ready with her friends and putting on her dress.  It is such an emotional and exciting time which I love to capture!